Sunday, October 18, 2015

Update: Reviews and Quasi-Fame

I apologize with my slow update pace as of late. I have been very busy with school and other projects, but I have not forgotten about my review of the 1939 version. The part I always struggle with when writing reviews is the plot summery. It's always the most time consuming, as a summery is meant to be objective, while my thoughts on direction and acting, while based on the pieces of art, are also more of my opinion.

Claude Frollo and Quasimodo (1986)
It's more fun to write about what I think does and does not work, but plot summaries are necessary to serve as a preface to a review. I try to write them in a similar style of whichever adaptation I am observing. I think that makes it more engaging to people who may not have heard, say, La Esmeralda.

Speaking of plot summaries, my summaries for both the 1977 and 1986 films have been "borrowed" by some mysterious fellow and sloppily pasted onto Wikipedia. They've cut out major sections of the plot, making it confusing to read, and even kept some grammatical errors.

Alas, they do not credit me or this blog for writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment